Saturday, March 8, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. I've decided this is going to be a good stage, an open mic, a blank slate. For a girl who writes for a living, I struggle to find time to write for sheer pleasure. There was a time when I would etch away my thoughts almost as quickly as they came...but that was many moons ago, long before blogs were on the scene.

Mark Twain said, "Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself." I can see the truth in that. But I'm convinced that when words are written from the heart, it's very possible to feel the heat from the fire itself. I pray God will first of all, grow the fire that burns in my heart for him. And I pray his Spirit will empower me to emblazon his glory all over this little blog.

My cry is like that of Jeremiah's: But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot (Jeremiah 20:9).

1 comment:

Mom said...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in the truth!"
3 John 1:4
Love you dearly,
Mom